Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

45. My post in the second thread. May 6, 2008, 17:22 Tainted

I just registered after lurking on this forum for months to post my total disappointment at the decision to include this insane copy protection system on mass effect.

I've been looking forward to the game for over a year after previously loving NVN, KOTOR and Jade Empire. However now I am considering not purchasing the item, and if it is true that all EA games will use this system from now on (and therefore all Bioware games) it is with huge amount of sorrow that Jade Empire will be the last game I buy from Bioware.

Personally, I won't be inconvenienced by this system as I have a always-on connection. The reason I am going to do this is a matter of principle. What of the people playing the game on their laptop with no access to the internet? What of people with a long-term internet problem?

Treating us all like criminals having to make an appointment with our parole officer is not going to endear you to your customers. And let's face it, all of this is in vain because every single game in history has been cracked, regardless of the level of 'protection'.

I urge you guys, talk to EA, show them this thread. At the end of the day we all lose. You lose customers and we lose the chance to play what I am sure is a great game...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo