Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Oh boy Apr 9, 2008, 09:23 Undocumented Alien

But the subscription is not mandatory, and all the best items ingame are non-subscription anyway and will remain that way, so its not really a big deal.

Thats only partially true, new items are subscriber only as you can't get to Stonehenge (where the new stuff is) and soon Abyss without paying the $10 monthly rental subscription fee. And when you stop paying the $10 monthly rental fee you lose access to all those items you get from Stonehenge and future 'areas' (Abyss etc).

The game is just OK, it certainly deserves it's 70-75% scores it received from reviews as it's a pretty mediocre game.

I am 99.9% done with the game and now I just need to beat the final boss (Act V). I can say, without a doubt, that the game is SUPER repetitive with MoBs and environments. I really am still fighting MANY of the same MoBs that I encounter in Act I and still run into many of the same tile sets from Act 1-4.

Then you have Flagship themselves, and they are very... how can I say... all about hiding stuff from the public. For instance:

1) Completely Closed Official Forum (not even read-only to the public). You guys think that Hellgate gets hammered here, you should see how bad the official forums get.

2) Took away the /who command that let you see how many people are playing on an entire server (or server farm). Last count at prime time weekend nights before it was taken away from us was 2100 +/- 200, and that for example is for the entire US plus bordering regions (Canada etc). As we all know, 2100 people for an online game is pretty pathetic, hence they took away /who so no one can know how bad it will continue to get.

Then of course you have the money grab..

1) In game advertisement engine.
2) $10 RENTAL subscription plan.
3) Charging for menial features such as Shared Stash (games like Guild Wars has this as a FREE feature).
4) Releasing new 'Areas' that don't even have quests just to release them to appease subscribers, just another low quality offering.
This comment was edited on Apr 9, 09:41.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo