Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 14:16 Parallax Abstraction

Vista hatefest!

Why is it the only people who have problems with Vista are either people I know quite well to be morons, or random people on the Internet. Is there a connection? Why is it I've never run into any of these Vista problems people are talking about?

My theory is that people with Vista problems fall into one or more of these three categories:

1) Liars who've never used Vista and are just relaying what they've "heard." Likely from morons.

2) Morons who probably took place in the Anti-XP hatefest when that came out, anything new = bad to these people. They probably still use AGP video cards and likely never jumped ship to AMD for those 4-5 years they were superior. Most likely had Vista problems due to user error and/or not updating their fucking OS.

3) Genuinely pissed former Vista users. Unfortunately their experiences were colored by being day 1 Vista adopters and their hatred has prevented them from giving Vista another chance nearly a year and a half later.

If I'm missing any categories feel free to add.

3. Smug people who feel that just becuase they haven't had any issues with Vista, everyone who complains is just whining or a liar while throwing out the same kind of ignorate insults that they accuse others of.

I've been doing on-site computer service for 9 years and am about to launch my own company in this field. I have been around for the Windows 2000, XP and Vista launches and run it on a dual-boot on my system. To say that it has no problem is simply not true. There are still systems being sold with Vista today that have performance and stability issues. Just recently, I had a customer whose Compaq became unbootable due to a Vista update. Yes, Compaq are not stellar computers but it wasn't the system that died, it was Vista. Oh, and let's not forget the scandal of them putting Vista Capable stickers on systems that were not actually Vista Capable.

On my system, Vista runs perfectly stable but there's no question it is slower. I've done my own comparisons with games and applications and yes, it is slower. My computer is custom-built and tuned to my needs but there are many users out there with more generic computers who are having problems. I've had several customers who have paid for XP and paid me to drop them to it, against my advice because Vista frustrated them so much.

If you want me to give more examples of its problems, I can. And I was not someone who bitched about XP when it came out. In fact, I loved XP when it came out because most of the drivers were good and Windows 2000 drivers largely worked with it and that isn't the case with Vista. But to call everyone who complains about the many legitimate problems with Vista whiners is just snotty Microsoft apologist nonsense.

There are problems with Vista, I've seen them and at the risk of sounding snotty myself, I'm willing to bet I'm quite a bit more experienced than you. If it runs good for you, well...good for YOU. It doesn't for the rest of us and we have every right to call Microsoft on this overpriced piece of crap.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 14:25.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo