Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

11. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 17:07 4D-Boxing

It's really bizarre that a company would try to make money instead of making a futile attempt at trying to please a bunch of whiners. Please describe what would actually make you happy, and then ask yourself honestly if you think that thing would make a company money.

I'll gladly describe what would make me happy... a good game! A game with a descent browser that includes fonctionalities found in previous versions & are considered basic components that a multiplayer game browser should have. GUI withtout font's made for visiualy impaired gamers. A game that improves on previous iterations (if it's a franchise). Dedicated server support on release. Quality multiplayer maps. Maybe a real stat ranking system like there was in the original UT lol! When Epic said that they where going to release maps larger than the Onslaught maps & did not deliver? I guess that was gamers fault also or because of pirating?

TOny!!!

The budget for games now top what it costs to make a blockbuster movie.

LOL yeah right! Nice try dude! Not even close! It can cost upwards of 100 000 000 to make a blockbuster movie!

IF someone can't find the PC software or games section at EB, Bestbuy or Futureshop than they are either blind & mute or have the IQ of a snow flake!

60 000 000 DX 10 capable video cards have been sold up to now if that is to small a market for EPic than please leave PC gaming. If a crappy game like GoW PC sold over 1 000 000 copies imagine how many copies a good game would sell. Did CoD4 PC or Bioshock have bad sales figures lol?
WoW is loosing so much money ...it's damn shame lol!

I've said this before & I'm saying it yet again... does Sweeney know anything about business? If sohe should know the importance of marketing & product placement. If Epic decided to advertise the game after the PS3 version was released I guess that is due to pirating ...pirate adds on TV stealing UT3's thunder right?!

Look at the 360 how often do you see adds for 360 games on TV? How often do you see adds for PC games on TV..real adds not adds that come out months late for another platform & put the Windows logo at the bottom of the screen? Now Since you know business Mr. Tony!!! tell us what % of net profit a company should invest in marketing (text book question) Epic does not even come close to the recommended figure.

Bottom line, Sweeney can take his Engine that has a hard time handling Anti Aliasing a feature that dates back 8 years plus!

Make all the excuses you want for Sweeney or Epic the truth is that they lost the ability to make good games, GoW on the 360 is the last succesfull AAA game release they've had since the original UT!

Epic...please stick to console games from now on!

Like they say in that old NWA song one less B@#ch we got worry about!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo