Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 20:20 Teddy

It doesn't ruin anything for me, as it is still possible to die, and there is still the tension of trying to get to safety to recover if you run in to an area and get overwhelmed. I prefer it to keeping an old style health # on screen and having to collect health packs or whatever. That was/is the least fun aspect of any shooter I've ever played.

Ehh... Rainbow Six never had health packs or numeric health. You get shot, you're injured or you're dead.

As for it making things more intense... it absolutely does NOT make things more intense. That's a load of crap if you ask me. Intense was Rogue Spear or Raven Shield. You were shot, you're injured. Your aim is off now, your movement is down to a limp (and a noisy one at that, compared to standard walking), and you know there are several players from the opposing team still at full health trying to track you down. Trying to find a spot of relative safety to hide in with the hopes of catching one or two of them off-guard.

The idea that sitting down somewhere until you were full health again was a LONG way away from making things more intense. OH MY GOD, my screen flashed red!!! Nevermind, I'm healed again.

The only thing that made CoD4 more intense was knowing that 'hiding places' were anything but secure. You make a noise while you're waiting on your health and they empty a magazine into the wall to try and finish you off. And to the best of my knowledge, there was no health regeneration in Hardcore mode.
This comment was edited on Mar 12, 20:29.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo