Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

14. No subject Mar 10, 2008, 21:34 Beaner

They are all focused on casual gamers right now thats the industry focus. Plus Sweeney comes from the camp of making tings easier to develop which can be true if you only have to build for specific consoles.

My problem is that you just cannot get the networking capabilities out of console games that you can out of PC games. Secondly, I want to use a fricking keyboard and mouse. How hard is it to build in that support on console games?. Lastly, dedicated servers and mods.

PC gaming is where most game enthusiasts reside. Thats a market that is totally being ignored by many. Fortunately some of the best developers support PC gaming (love you Valve). And I think the caliber of the games and their gameplay show it. Which is more popular Unreal 3 or a little extra feature of a game called Team Fortress?

Unreal 3 was an ultimate example of console FPS mindset. Lots of eye candy, millions of machines and guns crappy gameplay and UI.
This comment was edited on Mar 10, 21:39.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo