Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

64. Re: No subject Feb 28, 2008, 23:39 Jerykk

And I still can't understand how 1 million plus units sold (as in the case of Crysis) can be considered "underwhelming".

"Underwhelming" means it didn't sell as much as a AAA console title would have sold which is obviously what all publishers want.

Bioshock was every bit as good as System Shock, the game which inspired it.

Um, no? Not even close. They completely stripped out all the RPG aspects and really made the game too easy. Too much money lying around, respawn chambers that can be used infinitely and completely destroy any challenge, only two upgrades per weapon (all of which are attained by the end of the game), no inventory system, overpowered plasmids... yeah. Don't get me wrong, Bioshock is a good game but it doesn't hold a candle to System Shock 2. Still, I'll buy it when they remove the copy-protection.

And tell me that Assassins Creed doesn't have a similarly morally ambiguous and adult themed world as the incredible "Thief" series.

I haven't played Assassin's Creed so I can't really say. Though, from what I've read, it's not a very good game. I guess I'll find out when it comes out for the PC in March.

I found Oblivion to be every bit as enjoyable, sophisticated, and mature as the Ultima series, Wizardry series, and Might and Magic series.

I didn't. The writing in Oblivion was pretty bad. I didn't care about any of the characters, nor any of the storylines. The Dark Brotherhood had potential but they completely dropped the ball towards the end. I still enjoyed the game for the sheer amount of stuff you can do so I bought it. Would have been a much better game if it had been designed for the PC, though.

I'm sorry, but I think you WANT there to be something wrong with PC Gaming so that you can continue to steal download full games for free and then say they aren't worth paying for because they just aren't as good as in the 'good ole days'.

I don't get the logic there. Piracy existed back when great PC games were being made. I'm much more inclined to download (and buy) games that don't suck than shitty console ports.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo