Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

58. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2008, 17:20 Prez

Yeah, I get tired of the excessive elitism that seems to pervade every discussion about a game that *gasp* was developed for a platform besides the PC.

Take Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Oblivion. All are considered by the PC Game Snobs to be ports. In the strictest sense, yes they are, but that doesn't tell the whole story imo. Games like these were unheard of on consoles until the latest generation where the console hardware finally started to catch up. I would argue that these and many more console games are PC games at heart, just developed with consoles in mind. The console-kiddie rpg has given way to smart sophisticated RPG's with adult themes and moral dilemmas' like Oblivion and Mass Effect, and the bog-standard 3rd-person console action game has given way to the brilliant FPS genre-bending style revolutionized on the PC in games like Bioshock and Assassin's Creed.

To me, it is a great time to be a PC Gamer.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo