Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: No subject Feb 20, 2008, 19:46 SirKnight

The 1.09 beta patch did help a lot in stability and performance, but they still have a LONG way to go. But I doubt we'll see past 1.09 (or 1.10, what ever they call the final version after 1.09 beta) since ArmA 2 is their main focus.

I hope ArmA 2 is done right, but seeing what ArmA was like after OFP, I do NOT have high hopes. As sluggish as the control was in OFP, I could still shoot fairly well and hit things. In ArmA, the control and aiming is so screwed up, I can't hit the broad side of a barn in that game. Yet I go back to OFP and I make hit after hit no problem. I have tweaked the ArmA controls in every possible way too.

Aside from some of the horrible game design issues, there are many bugs that have no reason to still exist in ArmA. I think they're biting off more than they can chew with the game. It's trying to be the ultimate uber sim that allows you do to everything but no part of it is done well. Both OFP and ArmA are games that are "jack of all trades, master of none."

I can only hope OFP 2 by Codemasters is done well. I have more faith in the engine they're using for OFP 2 and hopefully their developer talent is better.

I'm also hoping the SDK for crysis will be released soon as I think CryENGINE 2 would work pretty well for a game like OFP or ArmA. I'm planning on taking the crysis SDK and making a mod that changes the gameplay to be a military sim like OFP/ArmA, but will be done A LOT better. I think the engine behind World in Conflict would work perfectly for this kind of game too, but I have yet messed with the SDK for that game so I don't know what modding for it is like.

Ok I'm writing way too much here. Obviously I have too much time on my hands.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo