Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: hehe Feb 4, 2008, 19:40 MMORPGHoD

Whatever the result, it isn't remotely comparable to the AMD/Ati merger. The two purchases aren't in the same league, much less ballpark....

Yeah, you got that right. The AMD/ATI is in the loser ballbark. It was an idiotic move by AMD to pay that much for a company that we have yet to see any tangible value from. It has distracted AMD and I believe it has also hurt ATI with the inevitable consolidation the follows.

The size of the aquisition doesn't mean shit it it ends up hurting more than it helps. HP-Compaq was a big merger, but it doesn't mean it was a good merger.. for the companies.. or the end user. At least with NVIDIA/AGEIA, they [NVIDIA] aren't overstretching their resources to do it and it makes for a better fit. That's what I mean by a better result.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo