Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

87. Re: True enough... Jan 31, 2008, 22:31 Yosemite Sam

When you cannot adjust the sensitivity, the character only turns at a set max speed, and the analog stick has max range to push it one way or the other.

Are you sure? I dont usually play FPS games on consoles but I do play other games and I have been able to adjust the sensitivity of the controller. I will concede the point that if thats the case then the mouse will have the advantage RE speed. On the flip side there are also advantages a controller has over the KB+mouse setup, you can do more things without sacrificing movement that on a KB you would have to move a finger away from one of your movement keys to do something else. A small advantage to be sure but one none the less.
PS if I am behind you, you are not going to be doing any 180 headshots, cause youll be dead

Where are you getting your gear?

I used to get it from some hole in the wall place, they were the cheapest in town, lately I've been going through NCIX. The 8800GTX alone is $450, $221 for the proc, thats $670 add taxes and you have $200 left for mem, MB and power supply? I thnk you wont be able to utalize that video card becuse the rest of your stuff is gonna slow you down. How about the box, sound card, mouse and keyboard, operating system... shit adds up. Plus like you said you bought and plan to upgrade in a few years, more money, I buy a rig outright that I hope will last me 4yrs. I plan to upgrade this summer and the rig I am looking at is going to put me well over $2000, but I'm talking 8800's in SLI and a mobo,proc and mem to make those mothers work, but it wont be state of the art, shit these days that could run you well over $5000.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo