Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. What happened to Epic?! Jan 31, 2008, 15:34 4D-Boxing

Consoles "Stealing" Hardcore PC Gamers

This is as priceless as Ciffy B saying that PCs don't have the juice to play GEARS LOL!

Bottom line bad ports kill sales..blame consoles or who ever you want Epic bad ports kill sales. UT3 is not doing well because Epic forgot what got them where they where.

PS3 (console) hud, game browser that blows, smaller maps than in ut2k4 no support for 64 players on release day, Linux server support that came late (should have been out with the demo) etcÖ

PC gamers just like console gamers have specific tastes. How or why Devs forget that is beyond meÖGive PC gamers what they want & sales will be good, give pc gamers bad ports like GEARS, UT3 or UBI stuff well donít cry if you stuff does not sell & donít blame consoles for stealing gamers. 99% of the hardcore PC gamers I know would never switch to a console as primary gaming system..they will get one to make sure the kids donít hog the gaming rig & for entertainment when people visit. I could buy a Wii for the lady & her friends or so my mother can play bowling. I will always be a PC gamer first because they offer what Iím looking for.

PS. CoD sales shouild never be used as examples...they could have done like Oblivion & less pirated version would float arround. Activision dropped the ball..

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 15:35.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo