Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2008, 21:32 Krovven

I assume when you say "better hardware" you're not talking GPU. The only flaw with the 360's hardware is the core system, having a system with no HD was a terrible mistake. However, it's GPU is better than the PS3's and I don't consider the blueray drive as making the PS3 a better gaming system. The GPU is the most important thing for gaming and Sony screwed that pooch with their investment in cell.

By better hardware...I mean across the board. The PS3 Cell is more powerful than the 360's, and would be best compared as a multi-core system compared to the 360's single-core.

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/features/158468.shtml

360 has no hard drive. You already stated that.

Blu-Ray drive not a factor? Bullshit. Of course it's a factor. How about the DVD size limitations to the Blu-Ray size limitations. And of course the playback options...it was an extra $100 to get a HD-DVD drive peripheral to be able to do the same.

But what I was REALLY referring to...How about the once publicized 30% hardware fail rate on the 360! 30 fucking percent! As someone mentioned in a thread the other day about the PS3/360...how does a company stay in business with a failure rate that high? People have gone through anywhere from 2 to 8 systems in just over 2 years.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, COmpany of Heroes, Team Fortress 2

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo