Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2008, 23:22 Beaner

dsmart I know this is not going to be Tribes. I understand that. But its pretty obvious Garage Games is doing a lot with this game to provide Tribes like gameplay. Why would they even want to keep throwing out the term "Tribes like" in their press releases if that wasnt the case? Either they are lying and trying to use the Tribes name to garner attention (which I highly doubt), or they are making a game that will be Tribes like.

A big part of the uique aspect of Tribes gameplay (being Tribes like) is jetting, jump skiing and x,y axis movment. If this game has all 3 of those elements, its captured a majority of the essence which is Tribes. That does make it unique. Why? Name me one FPS shooter that has jetpacks, jump skiing, x, y axis movement and routes for CTF. None. Honestly the only game that I can remember that even had something somewhat similiar was a game called Citizen Kabuto and that game wasnt really known for its multiplay FPS but the players had jetpacks.

That is why Tribes fans throw out the word "unique" in comparison with every other deatmatch, CTF, capture hold blah blah army whatver FPS. Every other FPS, CSS, BF2, TF2, HALO etc all have the same physics and movement. Being that you arent a big FPS fan I can understand why you cant relate to peoples passion about Tribes. You truly have to be familiar wit the game to understand its differences. It held a special place in many a gamers heart, just the way a game like Civilization or Bioshock may hold a special place in your heart. Many of us that are FPS fans hold Tribes up their in very high regard.

I will agree with you, however about Legions and whether it may be a success or not. Even with jetpacks and all it just may not play the same or have the same fun factor. Who Knows. I'm not expecting Tribes. But if it has the physics and all like Tribes I may enjoy it. Heck Tribes fans havent had much of anything decent since the release of T2. And some would argue since Tribes 1. So we are desperate let us enjoy this while we can. And I am so happy that many of the peeps that worked at Dynamix and made Tribes have found success in other areas without the need for big publishers. I'm also excited to find out later in the year what Scott Youngblood is up to at Red5.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 23:36.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo