Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. The good the bad and the ugly Dec 24, 2007, 06:42 Beaner

Granted this is a very early alpha video. So I dont want to be too hasty to judge, but based on the video:

The good is that the landscapes look very Tribes like. Im sure its on a variant of Torque so the maps shouldn't have any hard boundaries lots of hilly landscapes and netcode should be excellent (although Im not so sure about this browser thingy). Jetting is there. Thats the Good.

The bad, well the jetting is there but jesus its more like flying than skiing or jetting, but again its early alpha. so far the direction looks exciting, but I wish they'd hire on some of the guys that turned Tribes 2 around like Zod and Zodd. Put those guys in charge of physics.

The ugly. Why can't Tribes ever get away from looking corny. The models are ok but whats the deal with the big honkin packs on the back and the crazy jet trails. Tribes Vengeance started off doing the same thing and eventually people agreed the trails were just annoying. At least let us turn that crap off. Give us some kick ass light models along with the heavy and mediums. Light models that looks fast and stealthy.

Other than that, I am intrigued.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo