Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

172. I can't wait Dec 23, 2007, 15:35 grahamslam

Personally, I can't wait for this game to come out. I mean I'm one who loved duke3d, even after quake came out I still had multi-player fun with duke for some time.
Here's my view, not like most of you give a shit, but here it is anyway.

If DNF didn't meet the internal expectations on what they wanted to accomplish back in 2001 or 2002 or whatever, and it caused them to need to advance to the next generation and start over, then I'm all for that. Here is why:

I think even a mediocre game released as dnf would have killed the franchise. They understood by then that with the delays, this game had higher expectations and needed to incorporate everything in their vision. I'm going to use diakatana to make some points. That game was actually good. I played through the whole game TWICE even (something I rarely do). Reviewers couldn't wait for the full game to come out to jump on the bandwagon and make bad reviews, so they reviewed the demo as a full game. Unfortunately for most gamers, they bought into the reviews and didn't have the pleasure of experiencing a good game. It wasn't a groundbreaking game and had a few bugs that were fixed with a patch (what game doesnt get patched these days?). My whole point you say? That diakatana won't be made into diakatana 2 with a fancy new engine and more content and gamers are the ones who lose out. Nowadays it seems that all we get are clones (how many ww2 games are there?) Not much in terms of variety. So if the engine at the time couldn't make duke run efficient and incorporate all the interaction they wanted, then it's better to wait and release a really good game on an updated platform.

We have yet to see if this game will be good or not because it isnt even out. The trailer isn't even out (it was a teaser). I thought the models were great (can't say graphics because all they showed were a couple model) Pretty graphics don't make a game, but they do make a good game better. Crysis is gorgeous if you can run it on high quality, but the gameplay isn't groundbreaking, and apparently not many people can run it because the sales aren't that great.

If it doesn't come out or it does come out and you dont buy it, what have you lost?
If it does come out and it is really good, what have you gained? You only gain the good experience of playing it if you buy it. If you don't intend to ever buy it, then you gain nothing anyway, so if you consider yourself a gamer, then it's your loss.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo