I find it hard to believe chocolate is so deadly to dogs. I only just heard of this recently. Dogs have such a sweet tooth and such a penchant for getting into people food--wouldn't there be, like, dead dogs lying everywhere if chocolate was so poisonous? We'd have to step over their cute, furry little bodies everywhere we went, seems like. I've never heard of a dog dying from chocolate. Good thing I don't have a dog I guess. I give my cat some of everything I eat, including licking the ice cream from the bottom of the bowl. I can really see doing that with a dog .. chocolate ice cream too!