Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Free stuff! Oct 18, 2007, 00:31 Acleacius

Np and you maybe right about the sales.
Appoligies, I don't have time to always monitor or return to threads, I was lucky I remembered the list from the site "Waiting4oblivion" and they are still waiting I think.

Nah, I know business is important and having a loyal fan base is good business and a great example of this is Bioware.
Actually bethesda was a pretty good example until oblivion and imo they squeaked by for only One Reason, the Construction Set.

Could you imagine the uproar and wave of "bethesda hate" that would have swept the net, if the fans had not been able to fix, oblivion?
My little mind shutters to think what would have happened.
I think many fail due to bad publishers and certainly to some degree bad design.
Deus Ex 2seemed to have both bad publisher and bad design problems, Psychonauts mostly bad publisher but on the design side controls could have been better and the others.

That's the catch 22 of RPGs, they are the hardest and most complicated games to make, due to testing of optional paths the better the game the harder to test.

Publishers would kill for a great AAA title RPG, but they just won't pay for it.

Most of this seems to come from m$ bullshit console division, which started dumping billions into the game market at least as far back as 2000.
They for the most part only put money in "for console only titles" taking the great PC devs with enticements of pure cash for exclusives.
This did (well actually it's still going on) two terrible things Stole PC devs and diverted publishing cash to console games with development time tables of 50% less, they wanted games in 18 to 24 months.

So for the last 4 or 5 years PC games have suffered, of course it's misleading PR based as well, as they always combine ALL console sales, i.e. sony, m$, nintendo and the other two I am forgetting atm (never owned a console) against the sales of the PC.
This obviously is a marketing ploy since when they are all divided up evenly the PC is in about 3rd place iirc.
Of course they never mention the lack of publishing dollars, timetables and of course the ever popular blame the PC for piracy as if millions of PS and xboxes don't have piracy.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succesion of violent images.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo