Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Fundamental Apr 24, 2007, 17:46 Zoso

I have played LOTRO since A2 up until open beta. I stopped playing for a few reasons.

The first was the poor character animations. They have to be the worst I have seen in quite some time. The character models are not to far behind.

The next reason was the small world. The biggest problem I had is it's missing most of Middle Earth. I just can't feel like I'm in Middle Earth without Morder, Gonder, Mirkwood, Mines of Moria, Rohan, Lothlorien, etc...

The last reason is the crafting is just a after thought. Lot's of grinding for little to no reward.

A few other things that bothered me was the UI. You can not scale anything and on higher settings its hard to read the hotkeys for they are so small.

The mouse movement sucks for you have to click the right button first then hold the second to move.

The UI also feels slow like your running through mud. After playing Wow and getting use to how the mouse and key movements respond to your touch it's just painful in LOTRO.

The classes all feel the same. A 36 Hunter is the same as other 36 Hunters other then a few small differences with traits.

I feel the game will do well though not as well as some think on the forums. I liked the game over all but not enough to play and or pull me away from Wow for now. Maybe after a expansion or two if the game is still going and I'm not hooked on another game by then.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 18:17.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo