Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

263. Re: Mar 11, 2007, 07:37 Kedyn

And say by golly friends??? The Publishers/Marketing FOPS are so good at their jobs, they will soon have you paying full game crack for episodic games. So instead of 1 full featured game, you will get it in 5ths maybe. For 39.99 an episode. As apposed to 1 full game for 49 to 59 bucks.

5 X 39.99 = what? Do the math. And who created this mess? Not the gamers. It is 1 dev team striving to visually outwow the next dev team. I hope that good gameplay doesn`t become the 1st casualty. But I think its way too late for that now.

Maybe episodic games are the next wave. But I could only see that if and only IF someone proved to me that todays average gamers lack the attention span to play games like we used to play em. Full featured. And 30 to 40 + hours to completion.

Judging by the work being put into HL2 Ep2, plus the addition of Portal and TF2, I'd say it's worth $40.

Not every episodic game costs $40. Sam and Max doesn't. Didn't HL2 Ep 1 and the ill-fated Sin Episode 1 only cost $30? I forget.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo