Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

72. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2006, 21:29 DrEvil

Or if it would let me run AVG anti-virus.
It does

Or if it didn't take up a gig of RAM just idling there.
It doesn't

edit: Here's a decent page that compares the overhead of commands between dx9 and dx10

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/11/08/what_direct3d_10_is_all_about_uk/page6.html

I'm not putting much faith on current benchmarks. I plan to give Vista a few months for drivers to mature, and for it to actually become available before I start looking at the performance difference. There's potential there I think, but we shall see in the coming months I think more in that department. I'm a bit optimistic of Vista after several of my friends reported to me actual improved performance over XP in several games on RC2. Obviously nobody should be expecting to run it that well in older hardware. It's a 'next gen' OS basically, and I could give a rats ass how much memory it takes up, so long as when I launch my games it frees up what it needs, which as I understand it, is part of what it is designed to do. We'll see what happens in the coming months.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 02:33.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo