Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

65. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2006, 12:46 wtf_man

Your alarmist tone reminds me of XP's activation naysayers.

XP's activation is bad enough. Very inconvenient for users that swap hardware a lot (Like gamer enthusiasts). You have to ASK MS's PERMISSION to use an OS that YOU BOUGHT. That's just fucking wrong, right there.

It may not be a big deal / that inconvenient to a lot of people... but we're talking about the principle , here.

NOW, MS has taken the next step... Blocking updates is one thing... actually turning off shit in your OS is another. A very big line that SHOULD NOT BE CROSSED.

So... to all you "non-alarmists"... what's next?

Next OS... they'll completely shut down your shit?
You actually LIKE having your OS "phone home" every time you update???

The principle has less to do with the Pirates, than it does screwing over the legit users with INTRUSIVE CRAP. (Same as the stupid insert the CD / DVD for a game... and having to go through the annoyance of finding a no-cd hack... and I definitely BUY all my games)

And you "pro-MS" people keep giving them MORE control... an inch at a time.

THAT's what pisses me off, as a consumer.

If you all would take a stand and not buy the fuckin thing... MS would be forced to back down from the CRAP (Like they already have done, somewhat, with the EULA). Instead, you all are blinded by the STUPID FUCKING EYE CANDY.

/shrug
This comment was edited on Nov 10, 12:54.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo