Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. PC Gaming is on life support. Aug 7, 2006, 22:49 MuzixMon

Yes there are the big games like WoW and HL2 but besides a few select titles the PC Gaming platform is looking worse then ever! I know that every time new gen systems come out they say PC Gaming is going to die but now I am really starting to think that might happen. Pirates certainly are one of the biggest factor in the demise of the PC. Another is most people are just dumb and don't realize they have a decent enough PC to play games quite well already if they just add a better vid card. Another reason is the hardware is way too expensive (ie $600 video cards)

Here's what needs to happen:
I actually am hoping Microsoft sticks to their word on revitalizing PC gaming. If anyone can do it they certainly can. I'm not a MS fan by any means but right now we PC gamers need some help.

Also, this would help...
If a company like emachines were to do a big adevertising blitz on gaming PC's for a price around $700 or so and really show the general public what a decent system could do for gaming many people would be converting. I know many of you laugh when you hear the word emachines but have you looked at what they put in their systems lately??? Seriously, their top of the line AMD machine is only 600 bucks and all it really needs is a decent vid card and it would actually be a very good gaming rig. Go check out their website if you don't believe me. I'm not pushing emachines but I am using them as an example how a PC manufacturer can help revitalize gaming. Dell pushes gaming rigs now but it only appeals to a very small select group of hard core gamers because their rigs are going for $3,000 to $4,000 for a decent one. What would turn on the general public to PC gaming more a $4,000 machine or a $600 machine?

Nonetheless, if PC gaming dies I will never play another video game in my life because I despise the consoles no matter how pretty they are! I am really hoping something BIG comes along to kickstart the PC platform once again...

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 22:55.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo