Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. No subject Jun 16, 2006, 12:01 Dante_uk

All whose bashing the Doom3 engine must be forgetting Quake4, it's much brighter, more open and improved net code.
Of course ET:QuakeWars looks set to beat all of them. The screenshots and movies look a lot better than the Source engine.
I'm really looking forward to this demo.

[q]Heh doesnt every single FPS ever made spawn enemys out of thin air Even the ones without some gimmick do it. [\q]
Obviously you've not seen the vids, portals you can shoot through, portals that move about...

I don't think PlayTriton can be as bad as Steam. I've nothing against a one time only 5 second connection to validate my install key. Anything more than that and I'm going to get annoyed.

Specs state it clearly(last item):
Minimum

* CPU Speed: Intel Pentium 4 2.0Ghz / AMD Athlon XP 2000+ processor
* RAM: 512MB system RAM
* Video Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with latest manufacturer drivers (see supported chipsets below)
* Drive: 8X CD-ROM (standard edition), DVD-ROM (Limited Collector's Edition)
* Hard Drive: 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard drive space
* Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP with latest service pack installed
* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
* Internet: Internet connection required for one-time authentication upon installation.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 12:02.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo