Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2006, 03:16 Shadowcat

The free game but pay for other stuff could work, but not like this…not giving distinct advantages too.
There are many examples to the contrary. People have been buying and selling game features for quite some time now. Especially in MMOs like Everquest. Some people will spend significant dollars on highly-ranked characters or equipment.

And I will also point out the masses of folks who cheat at online games (necessitating the inventions of the likes of Punkbuster). If they can get an advantage for a few bucks, they're going to go for it. I expect some of them are salivating at the idea of a game where they can be 'better' than most other players just buy spending a bit of cash.

That's not to say that there won't be gameplay areas/arenas that are restricted to certain levels of character, either. There's no reason why it would *have* to be a case of paying customers wiping the floor with non-paying customers (and for the person who said skill won't come into it, that's a silly statement. A skilled player will often run rings around the opposition, regardless of what kind of ammunition is coming their way.

And in the end, the cost of a moderately well-equiped character is likely to be a lot less than buying a regular retail game, so if you enjoy the gameplay, why the hell not pay to get more of it? The core game didn't cost you a cent, after all.

Good luck to 'em, I say.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo