Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2006, 01:46 Orogogus

They also refuse to mention editions like the US version of SpellForce 2 which doesn't use StarForce and the owner of the site insists that its developers and not publishers who are responsible for StarForce spreading.
Ditto Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich, in the US. Why does this site have its priorities screwed up so badly? If the US publisher didn't include Starforce, shouldn't we be rewarding this behavior? If gamers in backwards podunk nations are stuck with publishers enamored with Starforce, then frankly, that's their problem. The logic of punishing developers, who are not the ones making these decisions, is completely baffling, and I really don't know who this list is supposed to be helping.

The page says that contest ended in January. You also had to pay to fly your self to Moscow and pay your own accomodation which would've negated much of the $10K. It was also entirely up to StarForce whether your proof was good enough.
To be fair, they said they'd pay the air fare and lodging for 2 days, and were reasonably specific about the terms. It wasn't a catch-all contest to show that Starforce is bad, but to prove that it would render optical drives inoperable. The contest was still a joke, but eh.

Not that it matters to me at this point, but is there any firsthand confirmation that the NA version does or doesn't have Starforce?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo