Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2005, 03:31 McSeb

Let's take counter-strike as an example then, watch someone play CS for 5-10 minutes online and I'm sure you will see someone get shot, someone get tagged and if you watch long enough probably some trash-talk in the voicechat. Do you really need your kid to tell you that it's, as you put it "a murder simulator" ?

If you think your kid is able to understand the difference between the game and reality and you feel confident that your kid can make good decisions about what he plays then your kid should be legally allowed to.

If you are worried that this will have a negative effect on your kid, then don't let him have it or play it. Suggest an alternative, there are many games out there which don't have the violence and/or sex (speaking of which, aside from the GTAs who do it on purpose to piss people off, can anyone think of a game that isn't crap with sex in it ?!?) and there is a wonderful self-imposed industry rating system which, aside from Rockstar, is well respected by the whole industry.

P.S.: I say all this but I'm canadian, these laws don't even apply up here yet I feel angry about the stupidity of all this. I'm always amazed how the USA, supposed "land of the free", a country whose entire society is based on freedom always seems so willing to give up it's freedoms so easily... "Freedom !, Freedom ! ... but we the people think we are too stupid to make smart decisions, please mr. government, tell us if we can have gun, if we can have abortions, if we can play a video game, with your permission of course..." What's next, giving up the right to vote for your leaders ?!?!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo