Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

92. dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 08:05 Cheese

I suggested the wildlife back on your web site when you still had just released BCM sorry if I confused you on that one. Also I talked with you on the phone about doing your game music score, about 3 years ago.

This is why I dont feed into all the internet garbage about you cause I actually spoke with you and you took the time to sit down and talk at length with me shows your one of the best ppl on this earth let alone a good visionary.

If you do enable the joystick I will purchase this game, as a matter of fact' I'll take your word on it and there is enough to like about what you have done so far that even if you didnt enable joysticks im very tempted to buy this game for the fourth time.

Mabey this time you have a chance to crack my all time high list.

But I'll warn you ahead of time theres no way and I mean NOONE that you will ever reach the lofty heights of Space Rangers 2, as a matter of fact it just may be the best game I have ever played period.

Its true that I was one of the ppl screaming about the removal of cockpits in BCk2000 but your right because theres so much to do in your ship that you dont miss the cockpit at all , every min or so your getting a VERBAL warning about something happening which reinforces the immersion level alot, so you begin to not miss the cockpits.

But with X2 it NEEDS cockpits because the immersion level in that game is very questionable at best, reason being YOU CANT INTERACT with planets, DOGFIGHTING sucked in X2 and its slightley better in X3 i hear, So it needs all the help it can get and Cockpits were paramount to them achieving that for me.

dsmart your game has immersion in spades its just FRIGGIN hard to get to grips with all the controls even though I have to a degree, hell even your FPS modle is more sophisticated than alot of dedicated FPS how eveI feel your ALMOST there with the FPS stuff and the planet textures when in FPS mode in the woods is amazing to say the least.

No its not HL2 or Unreal warfare but for all you have happining in this game I really think youve done a great job with the graphics.

Now im angry at your dsmart because I have to disagree with you thinking this is a whjole new game because it looks like UC but with a graphics makeover, however im glad about that because I think thats all you need is a few more graphic touches here and there and bring back that good joystick support I had in BCM and I think youll finnally reach the gold I had hoped David Braben reached but I have lost faith in him as I think hes a total screwball, not to consider releasing Elite4 is a crime. So hurry with that patch and make it known as I will be the first on line to get this new UCAWA.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 08:22.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo