Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Wow. Nov 5, 2005, 05:17 ShakyJake

Have you tried turning all the settings up, Ant? The graphics are actually quite nice once you enable all the bells and whistles. Or at least, compared to when I first started playing the game about five years ago.

To be honest, I just recently unsuscribed to the game (after said five years). The game is very slow-paced, and with the gigantic front that the war is fought on coupled with not exactly the largest playerbase in a MMOG, most battles in any one area seem to be comprised of no more than a dozen fighters on either side. Not a "battle" at all, but rather just little skirmishes here and there. And when a place does heat up, all the good toys have already been "used up" and won't be available for another couple hours. This is one of those games where you can drive your tank around for two hours and never once see another tank. Since armored clashes were one of my biggest enjoyments in this game, this can be extremely frustrating.

There's some gameplay changes that are being made to the game to help out some of these difficulties, and it may be that some of my problems have already been addressed. If so, this would be a very fun game for anyone looking for a very realistic simulator to get into. You won't find any hitpoints in this game, it's completely down to penetration mechanics. Getting shot is bad, one bullet is all it takes to kill you. Which tends to suck with the slow gameplay, but...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo