Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

199. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2005, 22:12 tron

whoa! i think you took my post in the wrong way. i'm not even sure what you mean about referencing "people talking out of their asses" - i never said anything like that... i just don't see how you can evaluate gameplay that you have never experienced.

i honestly had no opinion of the *gameplay* before i bought it. i bought it merely because it was the sequel to Q2 which i liked a lot. i would have bought it even if it got nothing but terrible previews/reviews. because i would have had to see for myself...

i expected it to be at least as good as other Raven titles, which are all decent games that i enjoy playing. but i didn't listen to much of the hype. i didn't read any previews. i don't like to go into a game with a lot of preconceived notions (especially comparisons). i mean, i knew it was a continuation of Q2 (which i loved) and i knew it was an FPS (which i enjoy) and that it is developed by Raven (i like other work they have done) and produced by id (i like their work too). so yeah, i guess you can say that i had a good idea what to expect. but i didn't assume any specifics. in fact, the game has turned out to be better than i had anticipated. it's no Katamari Damacy, but it is fun in the same way that a popcorn action movie is fun.

i went to see the Spiderman movie because i liked the X-Men movie. i don't expect them to be the same. i just figure that, hey, i liked one comic book movie - maybe i'll enjoy another one. same with music. i sometimes buy an album just because it is in a genre i enjoy. i often get burned - but at least i took a chance, and sometimes i find new music that i really like.

i'm sure it is possible that someone may think this game plays like Doom 3. but i don't know how. and i don't see how anyone can have an opinion of gameplay based on screenshots. and i think that any reviewer who says this game plays like D3 is full of beans.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo