Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2005, 07:12 aldo_14

s that guy on the left a short guy jumping, or a little bit in the distance? Even if we accept that he is farther away, we must now assume all the models are the exact same size, which may not be true. In the end, to fully understand the position and sizes of these characters, we have to assume everything, or rely on models clipping into the ground which won't be happening on flatter ground. Adding a spot blob shadow below them is not glitz, it is visual clarity when using this camera angle.

Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
he points to some plastic cows on the table
Father Ted: are very small; those
pointing at some cows out of the window
Father Ted: are far away...

(I can't tell myself, either. Textures are a bit shit, as well, which might be a factor. Although you can look where they're clipping through into the ground, perhaps

EDIT; actually, now I think of it, it's pretty simple. For whatever reason, there's no sense of depth. Lighting would help that, but IMO it's probably as much down to a lack of reference points; some, I dunno, shrubbery at the very least would provide visual context)

Freespace 2: Lost Souls
http://www.sectorgame.com/aldo/
This comment was edited on Oct 5, 07:17.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo