Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2005, 16:05  dsmart 

Saying it is irrelevant to your game is one thing, and no one can argue about that. However, saying they are not needed is ignorant. Since games on a single screen are not stereoscopic, you need extra visual cues to know placement in a 3D world. Place a guy on a flat land, and you don't know if he is floating above a point close to the camera, or standing on the surface far away. In space, I agree that they are not needed. However, it seems a lot of your game is also on the surface of a planet, where that example I just gave is very important. A simple blob shadow would not eat enough processor power to make people want to turn it off. Even Street Fighter 2 had one.

Rubbish. And you're still clueless. I can't help you with that.

Sometimes, Derek, I am not at all surprised by your egotism and ineptitude. Other times I wonder how you expect to be taken seriously by anyone more than a handful of croanies who are as, if not more, unimaginative and tactless as you.

Who asked you to take me seriously? Everything you wrote is rubbish. Shadows bear NO RELEVANCE to my game - or any game where they are only used as eye candy and with no material benefits.

You cite the X games; yet - conveniently - forgot to mention that almost 90% of those who bought them - especially X2, couldn't even run it on the MINIMUM settings. The X games are big on visuals and low on gameplay - not to mention AI.

My graphics engine has enough glitz where it is NEEDED. I don't put unnecessary shit in my games in order to hide shallow gameplay or other areas that are lacking. Which is why, graphics come second, and gameplay comes first, with AI a close second.

But don't let me stop you from continuing the usual trend of posting rubbish and comparing Apples to Grapefruit. What you call a monstrosity, is what you can't even fathom, let alone play. pah!

The gaming public "gets it" and what they aren't spending their cash to "get" is your game. You are the one who doesn't "get it" and refuses to take the time to listen to the feedback of people who could be potential customers.

You're funny. No, make that hilarious. If you've ever gleaned the sales of my games, you'd see just how stupid and foolish you look, right about now. puhleeze.
This comment was edited on Oct 3, 16:07.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo