Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: HDR Jun 25, 2005, 05:51 vacs

what is HDR?
do u need special kind of video card and monitor to witness this?can any one tell me about this without the tehcno jargon?

As I said in my previous post basic HDRL works with all PS2.0 supporting cards (DX9). High-precision HDR is however limited to GF 6x00 and GF 7x00 cards.

Concerning the need for a special monitor, actually yes, you do But those monitors which can display a much higher range of brightness are not publically available and very expensive. The problem with HDR indeed is that HDR offers too much precision for current monitors and that's where tone mapping comes in. This technique recalculates the rendered HDR image with brightness values which are more easily displayed on current monitors.

The get the best HDR experience you'll need a CRT monitor, LCD and plasma are much more limited concerning the high dynamic range they can display.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo