Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Monolith sucks, hope they go under Jun 21, 2005, 22:10 Jarek Forhanon

Monolith could never make a solid game engine.

Actually, the Jupiter engine was great. Looked great, ran great. If you call NOLF plain crap, please explain why. I'll concede that the game had a shitty engine and that it dragged on for a bit too long, but the overall gameplay was good stuff. NOLF2 only improved on its predecessor, in terms of both gameplay and game engine.

There's no logical reason to expect anything but more crap.

Actually, there's a perfectly logical reason to expect something good by Monolith, given their solid track record. AvP2 and Tron 2.0 were both solid titles. The only recent game to disappoint was The Matrix Online. You argue that F.E.A.R. is just a corridor shooter with half-assed horror elements thrown in. How do you know this? Sure, there is a multiplayer beta out there, but that is in no way reflective of the single-player experience. Based on what I've seen and read thus far, F.E.A.R. looks to be a lot of fun. Monolith's other upcoming project, Condemned, also has a lot of potential.

I'll acknowledge that Monolith has never really been known for good multiplayer, but that's fine with me. The only multiplayer game that struck my interest in the past decade was Tribes and I don't expect any multiplayer games to surpass it soon.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 22:18.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo