Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

416. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2005, 14:21 Tumbler

FANBOY. I am not a fanatic and do not express fanaticism I express Fanboy-ism.

SP for BF2? Who the @#%@# plays single player? I didn't totally hate HL and HL2 until it borged into the nightmare that is CS and steam.

I would say HL2 was one of the worst FPS in the last 2 years. (I would rather play Doom3 again...) Far-Cry was original, fun, beautiful, and didn't require some glorified browser search bar to run in the background. HL2 tried to be innovative and pretty and tell a story and it just fell flat.

The really telling thing about HL1 is that I still recall A LOT of moments in the first game. So much that just blew me away and was really entertaining.

The second one is more story of remembering the frustration with loading every few min, and how progress through the game felt disorganized out lacked a sense of unity. Besides the part where your pet robot charged the enemy troopers and riding that little coffin around in the end, the entire experience was utterly forgettable. You may say well HL set the bar so high how could they ever match it? FarCry did. I remember a ton of scenes and moments in that. Especially those damn pink dogs lunging at me in the dark. Or how after throwing a grenade the lights hanging from the ceiling would be swinging around. Not to mention the fact it came out WAY AHEAD of anything else. HL2 really lost me with it's maze like levels. There is no excuse to build such linear designs anymore. Farcry raised the bar, and HL2 just did what worked in the past. Not inovative, just flashier graphics. Would have been inovative if they made their enviroment fully destructable. All I feel for that game is disappointment.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo