Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

94. Re: Back on topic...? Jun 6, 2005, 08:33 Tigger

I think it's pretty sad that developers like Looking Glass have to close up shop, but a rude prick like Derek Smart, who releases shoddy sub-standard games, is still around. If he was like any normal developer he would have been out of business a long time ago (probably right after the disastrous release of BC3K). But I suppose when your games have a development budget of $2 you can sell 50 units and still come out smelling like a rose.

The reason he isn't out of business yet is because:

1) He threatens to and does sue. If you don't buy his games, he WILL sue you!!

2) The same mindless twits keep buying his games. Fanboys, you fall into this category.

3) Controversy generates interest. The problem is, you don't see anyone going, "Hey, this game IS pretty cool!" Well, at least anyone with any credibility. Fanboys don't count. People that fall into this category are often duped out of $20. But hey, at least it's only $20!

--
Tigger
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" ~Indiana Jones

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 08:34.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo