Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

78. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2005, 19:24 Creston

I know of very few games for consoles that are successful and are singeplayer only (yes there's DMC, MGS, Fable, KOTOR, but they are an absolute minority).

*Cough cough* GTA3 + VC + SA, sold approx 8000000 billion copies *cough cough*

I'm beginning to get fed up with shit on the PC simply NOT WORKING. It's not just games anymore, nowadays you buy fucking hardware and it's BROKEN when you get home. Except it's not broken to the extent that it's 100% dead broken, it's broken so that it crashes randomly between 1 to 15 hours of playing. Have fun trying to figure that out. And then have fun getting it replaced. If your console doesn't work, go back to the store and get a new one.

Both Nvidia and ATI are raping their paying customers up the ass by releasing drivers that break more than they fix. Nvidia fanboys will harp and whine about how their drivers are rock solid, sorry, if they were rock solid they wouldn't have an "issues fixed" section. Nor would they really have to release any new ones.
Personally I would much rather both companies take 2-3 times as long to release a new driver, and then make sure that their new drivers work FLAWLESSLY with the top 25-50 most popular games of that time.

Almost every game that's released needs at LEAST one patch to make it playable / stop it from crashing. There are exceptions, but not many. How many people were unable to play Half Life 2 due to the stutter bug?
Now, I know that console games have bugs too, but it IS far less than on the PC, mostly because the developers know it's very hard to fix them (not everyone has internet connectivity on their consoles).

Also, there is just something inherently fun about having people over and playing a game in your living room on the TV, so that everyone can watch. GTA is great fun if you let people who stink at it play, because they do the wackiest shit in those cars.
Take a multiplayer game, pop in a few extra controllers, and you're all having a good time.

The PC will never be able to beat that, but it never really had to since it had its own strengths. But those strenghts are being RAPIDLY diluted by shitty ports, concurrently developed games and SHIT PLAIN FUCKING NOT WORKING.

And good luck trying to bring your PC game back to the store once you find out it doesn't work... (Actually, EBgames was very good at this.)

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo