Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

130. Steam and all that Feb 7, 2005, 22:57 Tigger

Well, since I posted off topic, I should post on topic, huh?

I used to hate Steam; it was problematic to get going in the beginning and I didn't like the idea of Valve knowing when I play games.

That was until 2 things happened:

1) Steam started working right.
2) I realized that even games that check for updates when they load can basically be changed to do the same thing.

I have EZ-Pass, for crying out loud! The state government knows I pass the tollbooth every day at 8am at 20MPH on my way to work and 5:35pm at 25MPH on my way home after work. Some people here are bitching about how Steam is 'watching them'. Hello?! Are you forgetting that just about everything we do today has a paper trail of some kind? The arguement is pointless.

If you use a cell phone, send e-mail, or use Reward Zone points at Best Buy, someone somewhere is watching you.

--
Tigger
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" ~Indiana Jones
This comment was edited on Feb 7, 23:01.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo