Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

70. Re: No subject Dec 29, 2004, 07:06 Wintermute

Being able to render something green doesnt make it possible to make a open outdoor space. By handling I dont mean being able to render, I mean 3Dmax etc can render great scenes, does that mean that they can "handle" them? You would have to count frames per day or something, but hey, as long as they "handle" them...

You post a batch of mostly simple renders and claim that the engine can handle lots of stuff, thats as much proof as the "ufo pictures" are of ufos (the alien kind).

So if your whole argument is that the D3 egine can render some simple outdoor stuff, then you are right. My argument is that the D3 engine wont be able to deliver enough for whats needed for Q4, which includes open spaces that doesnt look like crap and that can sustain a firefight without droping to the fps of a kodak photodisc.

And "lie and whine"? Get a grip man, I stated my opinion that the D3 engine can't handle what I think is needed for a
Q4, thats neither whining or lying. If you could focus more on the argument at hand and less on your strawman attacks this might have been worthwhile.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo