Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

87. Re: Tactile Pro keyboard Dec 7, 2004, 20:12 WarPig

Am I the only person on the planet that has never accidentally hit the Windows key while playing a game? I mean, really... I've never even once had this problem

I'm another one who had to rip the Windows key out, and I'm a decent typist myself. When I play games, instead of the "normal" WASD keys most people use I use the ones underneath, mainly ZXC and ALT for jump (I use mouse2 for my go button and every key above ZXC is for weapon selection). When they first shoehorned the Windows key in there I'm pretty sure they made the ALT key smaller. This really seemed to bite me in the ass during Tribes because I never engaged my jetpack without jumping first. There's nothing like grabbing the enemy flag and suddenly switching to your desktop to bring out the tourettes in a guy.

Now I have one of these Microsoft multimedia keyboards (with the evil F-Lock key) and so far have never accidentally pushed the Windows key. I guess I'm finally used to it now. Of course I don't play a tenth of the hours I used to.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there is nothing I cannot do." ~ Lord Salisbury

GO SEAHAWKS!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo