Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

80. No subject Nov 25, 2004, 17:08 Dignan

HL1 was so awesome because of what happened with the community. MODs and the like gave new life to the game in every aspect.

HL1 single player was fucking amazing, I still remeber how pumped I was after finishing the demo and running to walmart at 3am to buy it for $54.99. That was a year after its release, when the MP portion was up to par. I remember reading in the manual that Valve would give you a full retain refund if you didn't enjoy the game, for the first time in my life (for a purchase over $20) I threw away the receipt, I believed in the game that much.

This "suprise" had better be HL2DM, I can understand them not releasing it with the retail, it kinda ruins the SP experience. Jumping in MP and seeing/using all the guns ruined the game kinda for HL1, I jumped in MP about 1/2 through the SP game and I was blown away by the rocket launcher and crossbow, I hadn't found them yet in the SP and would have loved to not have seen them yet.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo