Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

446. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2004, 22:52 kanniballl

Am i the only person here that seems to think HL2 is distinctly average?

I'm on the other side of the spectrum, I think Half-Life is GREAT!

A few itemized responses:

Tech Demo
No, Doom 3 definately seemed like a Tech demo. Half-Life 2 does not. I WILL give you that some of the puzzles were put there just to show how cool the physics engine was, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Ravenholm
GOD, I hated that level. The first bit was neat, with some of the traps, but after that it was realllly bad.

I'm one of the few people that like to soak up every bit of the game. In the first level, I explored a little and saw one of those 5 story high spiders walking around. I talked to people just to watch their faces. The list goes on and on.

Some friends of mine are just trying to plow through it as fast as they can; they're missing A LOT.

Yeh, System Shock 2 and Deus Ex (the first one) really kept my attention, but Doom 3 turned into a snooze-fest really quick. Half-Life 2, I'm having a lot of fun with; even after 75%.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo