Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

328. Re: Banging on Steam Nov 16, 2004, 19:51 Awesome Spume

Would someone who knows something about it, ie: if the publishers go away, how the games will get millions per game to create them?

And where, you clueless rebel, do you think the publishers got the money in the first place? There WAS a time when developers drove the industry when development cycles were measured in months not years. If you want to see an accurate portrayal of a publisher go watch your local production of The Merchant Of Venice. Now, think Shylock. Publisher. Without putting words in Heroin's mouth I think the point he's making is that if there aren't corporate carrots being offered then an industry will still survive based on the passion to create games, just like there are people making movies which will never be seen. (Part of that is because people honestly believe that making movies is a worthwhile endeavour. Regardless of the return. I don't think there is the same problem with games.)

Just to clarify, I like NOFX now I've heard about them but they're not punk. I have a million point two home and I'm more punk than they are. (Technically I have HALF a ... never marry...)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo