Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

299. Re: Banging on Steam Nov 16, 2004, 18:54 Awesome Spume

Where will the funding come from?

Have you never seen any indie games, indie movies, punk rock, anything?

It comes from passion - working day jobs, and working on the projects with passionate coworkers. That's where the funding comes from.

Good post. I hate your screen name, but good post. Quotable.

I checked with my PA today (Tuesday) to see if my Amazon pre-order had come in. I was burned out with work about 3 months ago and let everybody know I'd be off the week before and the week after my 43rd birthday on the 21st Novemeber. Nice timing, huh? It hadn't so I decided to try Steam since a spare CD key never goes to waste for LAN parties and so forth. I ordered the Silver package at 5:30PM GMT and started playing at 9:00PM GMT. That's with no pre-loads. I'm using a fairly standard cable modem setup. Clearly the problem is that too many people in the US are technologically advanced enough to use broadband instead of a publisher to get their games.

And all that said. Loving it. A little pissed off that crouching doesn't seem to help aiming a la Far Cry and everything else but fuck me, why can't id just ask Valve to design their games? HL2 isn't a pretty game by D3 standards but it is the current most important media happening. 10 years from now people will marvel that there was once a time when people would willingly sit still for 2 hours to feel entertained (flashbacks to my wife there...). It helps that non-interactive movies are costing more and more to make. Meanwhile the rest of the world thinks Halo 2 is important. Pah.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo