Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

66. Re: Another stupid RPG... Nov 9, 2004, 22:29 Evil Timmy

First of all, I'm quite happy to see this finally being released. HL2 still takes precedence (I'm a mod @ HLFallout.net, and I've already paid for it), but this is definitely on my to-play list. I also manage to have time because I'm doing my uni studies online. Most of my assignments are on a 3-6 week timeframe, so I'll slave to either get them done early or finish them off in the last few days, and alternate between that and game binges, depending on those releases. Between HL2, V:TMB, NFSU2, and EVE' Shiva/Exodus content patch, I'll have plenty to keep me busy, so these next couple of days involve a lot of slaving over schoolwork.

As for the text-menu thing, why not just have it action-based (at least, for the simple go-or-don't actions)? The guy talks to you, says "If you're interested, follow me" or "Meet me in the alley behind the bar in a few minutes. You leave first." If you go along, it starts the mission, if you don't, you stay in the world like normal, and there's no dialogue needed. Of course, this doesn't really work for cutscenes with dialog, but there's not much you can do about that. At least, not until games and quality voice recognition software collide.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo