Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

88. Re: R.I.P. America Nov 3, 2004, 12:11 Creston

At least 50% of the population didn't vote. You're trying to tell me that means they silently support you in absentia?

No, like I said, it means THEY JUST DON'T CARE. That's probably an overgeneralization anyways, since I'm sure that there are at least 10 to 20 million people who were unable to vote for various reasons. I never said that means they support me in abstentia. I just said that out of the people who VOTED, (who, in the end, are really all that matter, because I am firmly of the opinion that if you DIDN'T vote, your opinion DOES NOT MATTER), the majority (of the people who voted) do not share your view.

You really think everyone on the left is just going to roll over and say, "Oh well, Bush won. Time to just give up and do whatever he and the rest of the American Taliban says." The shit storm is just getting started.

Yes yes Halsy, states are going to break away and form a new Liberal Paradise, and we're going to get mass riots and panic and hysteria, and dogs and cats will live together and the dead will walk the earth. Most people just don't care as much as you do. There were no riots after 2000, there's not going to be any riots here either. You know why? Because, in GENERAL, the US population doesn't care enough. Not the right "sheep" as you call them, but not the left either. They go on, on their day to day lifes, most of which aren't really all that affected by who's in power in Washington, and they shrug and say "Maybe in 2008".

There's still over 50% of the country that didn't fucking vote, don't you get that?

Why are you so fucking hardon about the people who DIDN'T vote?? Or are you convinced that they support YOU in abstentia?

If you people at least even made an attempt at bi-partisanship it wouldn't be an issue

"You people"? Who people are you exactly talking about here? For the record, I'm not a republican. For the record, I'm actually not even allowed to vote, since I'm not a citizen. If I was allowed to vote, I probably would have voted Bush, since I thought Kerry was all talk and promises, but he had mostly NO PLANS to fix all the shit he said he was going to fix.
Had I lived here at the time, and I would have been allowed to vote, I probably would have voted Clinton (although I can't really say for sure, because I don't know what he did for the US internally, I can just speak to the fact that Europe loved him).
Try to stop sweeping everyone under the rug. You're just as guilty of the Us vs Them mentality as you accuse the GOP of being.

Hate to break it to you but this isn't a game

Let me explain to both you and JediLuke the concept of a SMILEY at the end of a statement. It was meant as a JOKE. Your life and your world didn't end after Al Gore got defeated, despite what you probably predicted, it's not going to end now.

There is nothing worse in the world than indifference.

I agree. See my 1400 posts in which I say that APATHY is the number one cause of the decay of western society?
I didn't care as much about this election because

1) I wasn't allowed to vote. Kinda hard to get all riled up if you can't make a difference anyways
2) I thought both candidates weren't really all that great. Like Bill Simmons said "it's like Wannstedt trying to choose between Feeley and Fiedler".
3) Unlike you, I don't let it eat me that much anymore. Probably because I came from a country where, in my opinion, it was much worse than here. Isn't that what it comes down to in the end? If your country's government coincides with your viewpoint, you're happy, and if it doesn't, you're pissed off. In my case, I just left and found a country that DID coincide. You're trying to make your current country change. I'll leave it up to you to decide for yourself what you think is better.

Once again, the US NEEDS a third party (or even more). This black & white bullshit isn't doing anybody any good. However, the US people just DON'T CARE enough to get all riled up in arms, unlike you chose to believe.

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo