Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

73. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 17:18 tron

There is a difference between deeply held beliefs and zealotry. One is just fine... the other simply isn't. If you find that to be hypocritical, we can have a discussion about it.

no, you're making perfect sense. being a non-church-going Christian, i'm all in favor of having deeply held beliefs. i'm NOT into forcing them on others.

in fairness, what you quoted me on was me talking about the people in that specific article. i'm well aware of the dangers of fundamentalist zealotry, however i think the people in that article are far from getting ready to arm themselves and start convertin' the heathens whether they a-want it or not! and while i disagree with their stace, Halsy's response was 10 times worse.

i know aetheists who possess a very healthy sense of right vs. wrong. i count some of them among my best friends - and i may disagree with their view of reality, but i don't think they are "evil", or should be terminated. Halsy, however, goes way way too far. at one time i thought he was just joking, and i asked him about his beliefs. he posted some massive attack against "people like you" (meaning *me*) being the problem with this world, accused me of trolling, and blah blah blah. he didn't take my post as being a genuine attempt to communicate. he instead chose to stereotype me, put words in my mouth, and made countless baseless accusations. since that time my opinion of him has changed dramatically, and if he posts unwarranted (and somewaht frightening) nonsense, i'm going to call him on it.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo