Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Search180 - Malware Oct 18, 2004, 10:19 Zathrus

Oh, and anybody heard outta Ray lately?

No, I suspect he's discovered just how much dial-up SUCKS nowadays.

We just did.

To summarize a really fucking long rant into something readable by people who don't care -- be goddamn careful about switching your DSL service. Even though we were promised, repeatedly, that there would be no service interruption moving from Earthlink DSL to Bellsouth DSL we've been without service since Friday night at 11 pm. Bellsouth apparantly SLAM'd our line so we could no longer connect to Earthlink. And it wasn't until 30 minutes ago that someone (at Bellsouth) finally told me that our old Earthlink modem would work just fine with their network. And it does. But that was after everyone else -- from both Earthlink and Bellsouth -- swearing up and down that the modem (a Zyxel 645) wouldn't work with Bellsouth's network, that we couldn't just go out and buy something that would work with it, and that we were simply SOL until the modem showed up... allegedly tomorrow since they still haven't bothered to ship it out.

And, after all of this, I still need to beat the billing department into giving me more than $35 in credit. I spent an hour and a half on Friday and Saturday talking to Earthlink support and close to three hours yesterday and today talking to Bellsouth.

Glad we have DSL back, but damn am I pissed off about the crap I went through on this.

Oh, and to get back to the topic -- found and hooked up a 56K modem yesterday. Surfing at that speed sucks (we weren't even trying to play a game or anything). I don't know how you do it nin.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo