Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: You're Kidding Me! Sep 22, 2004, 02:44 tron

are actually better than the sparkling new DVD's costing sevety bucks that people have been waiting on pins and needles for?

not even close. they digitally remastered the DVD's, and upgraded the sound to 5.1 DD EX. the picture is immediately noticably superior to the VHS editions, and i mean it is a huge difference. the sound too is noticably vastly improved, and it's nice to finally hear these films in true 5.1 surround. some people complain about the tinkering lucas has done, but many of the fixes in the new set are a relief, such as fixing saber effects. he even somewhat "fixed" the cantia shoot-out scene, by making the shots near simultaneous... still not as cool as in the original, but not as lame as in the special editions either.

also, i paid $42 for mine, not $70 as you claim. and in my book, $42 is well worth the price of three classic films, plus a disc full of extras including a brand new 2 hour documentary. most new DVD's sell for $20 for a single film.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo