Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

43. Re: Update Please! Sep 7, 2004, 15:53 4D-Boxing

I'm to anti-social to play MMO games but with the right amount of polish, past innovations and gamer ideas this could work well. I would love to see a FPS/space sim/RPG type of gameplay. You could sart off on the ground with FPS/RPG gameplay recruit a party, then pay for a trip on a cargo ship to travel or buy a ship. Instead of having a party of real peopple you would have squad that you could control " A La" rainbow six. If you want to join up with other player, then you just have your squad and the other guys squad. All characters should be eble to tweak their skills like in an RPG.

If you end up buying a ship, I would like to se the Brige commader single player approach used in multiplayer. Your Squad takes care of the diff stations (tactical etc..) You just point and click like in brige commander to issue order or select sub systems to target, but i would like the fighting to be like the single player fighting in Brige commader and people who join you party have their own ships and crew composed of their squad. Small ships like shuttles can be piloted via joystick.

Anyways that's my ideal trek game. Deformable terrain, the ability to fly from atmosphere to space without any transitions or cut scenes and a good damage model would be a must. Good to see another non D&D men in tigghts chassing Hobbits type of MMO game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo